Saturday, April 5, 2014

Duck Shing Ho Eggrolls Part 2 - April 2014

Update June 2016: Duck Shing Ho has gotten so popular apparently there is no way of getting them from the queue anymore. They also only offer queuing on certain days sometimes. Do give them a call to check on their latest 'policy' changes. My last visit to HK I could not get them at all even if I wanted to order in advance.

Hey there,

It's been a while since I last updated.. I've been to plenty of places but no time to do an update.

Anyway, here's a quick update: nothing new actually - I was in Hong Kong recently again for a holiday and as usual, I went to queue for Duck Shing Ho eggrolls.

For those who just joined in, I did a review of them here:
http://garysyayornay.blogspot.sg/2013/06/hong-kong-series-duck-shing-ho-egg.html

And how to get to the here:
http://garysyayornay.blogspot.sg/2013/06/hong-kong-series-getting-to-duck-shing.html

This time, I went on a Saturday (29 April), and it was crowded! The queue was so much longer than the last time on a weekday. I knew it was a bad idea to go on a weekend but I had no choice because it was the only day when I had the morning free.

The queue was so long I couldn't even see the signboard after I joined the end of the line.




It was only after a long wait of 30 minutes then the queue started moving. There was some hope when I saw the signboard finally!



I started queue at 9.00 am and only got the eggrolls at 10.00 am. It was a effing 1 hour wait. The last time I think I only queued for 40 minutes....

Yes! Outside the store now!


In case you still do not know where it is, here's a landmark - right opposite the South China Hotel in North Point.


The shop is really popular with locals and tourists!


In the end, I told my friend I will not queue for it again. But after eating it, I think I will go and queue again. ;)
Maybe next time, I will try calling to order in advance instead.

Verdict: Still a yay! I think I will still visit Duck Shing Ho again when I visit HK. It's still as delicious as ever.

For the price, check out the previous review:
http://garysyayornay.blogspot.sg/2013/06/hong-kong-series-duck-shing-ho-egg.html

No comments:

Post a Comment